Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Could he not escalate the matter to District Court? He would

Could he not escalate the matter to District Court? He would be able to subpoena 2 other companies who would validate that the amount of work compared to the invoices were fair. Also, he would have his 2 IT staff members who prepared the work. I spoke with him and I think he wants to make a statement with this since the company has refused to pay for the work and invehement terms. I think when is all is said and done, the suit would be over $5000. That is based upon what my friend has stated when he provided additional info. Thanks
I will be with you later today, I am not ignoring you but I am on the road and cannot really answer you at this time. Thank you for understanding.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem
This is a breach of contract case, that means that he has to prove his actual damages. His actual damages are the payments that the company has refused to pay him. Even if he brings in other companies, this does not increase the value of his case to more than $5000 if all the company owes him is $2400. He cannot seek more from the client than their verbal contractual agreement for the work. Additionally, if he goes to district court he then requires an attorney because he is a company and he cannot represent the company in the district court as it would be considered the unauthorized practice of law, since a company is considered a separate entity that can sue and be sued on its own.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”