Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

On June 9 , 2012 You confirmed that the Santander Bank was

On June 9 , 2012 You confirmed that the Santander Bank was a solid bank in the U.K. I had made a deposit of 2500 british pounds ( $4,200 U.S. dollars) to the bank as an initial mimimum amount to establish an account with the Santander Bank ( via wire transfer dated
May 25, 2012) . I was later informed that I was required to upgrade my account to "Plainum" staus for an additional fee ( 800 british pounds ) and that I had to do so within 2 weeks or my initial deposit would be forfeited (lost) .
Can the Santander Bank do this and is there any way to to reclaim my deosit of 2,500 pounds ($4,200 U.S.D. ) ?
Santander Bank is a reputable international banking corporation. This is not to say they do not have fees or account rules which people need to review before opening accounts there. You would have to review your account holder agreement with the bank to determine why the Platinum account is required and what your rights are under the account and the rights are a contractual matter as to whether they can close the account.

You can file to withdraw the money you deposited from the account and that also is within the terms of the account agreement for that account.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”