LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

Fl const Corp works for Ga contractor as a subcontractor. Is

Fl const Corp works for Ga contractor as a subcontractor. Is Fl employer req to register in Ga to pay Ga taxes on ee's? Fl subcontractor has 4 Fl res ees and one Ga res ee working the Ga jobs.

Edit Your QuestionFl const Corp works for Ga contractor as a subcontractor. Is Fl employer req to register in Ga to pay Ga taxes on ee's? Please avoid any drastic changes to the overall meaning of your question. 140 Edit Additional DetailsFl const Corp works for Ga contractor as a subcontractor. Is Fl employer req to register in Ga to pay Ga taxes on ee's? Fl subcontractor has 4 Fl res ees and one Ga res ee working the Ga jobs. Save Question or Cancel (12 minutes left)

Thank you so much for this opportunity to try and be of service to you today.

Wisdom...compassion..empathy. These are more than words for me. They are my promise to you.

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

QUESTION: "Is Fl employer req to register in Ga to pay Ga taxes on ee's?"

ANSWER: Yes. Here is how this works. The law requires any "employing unit" (i.e. even in multi state situations such as you have described) to register with the Georgia Department of Labor when such an employer has any employees performing services (working) in Georgia. In terms of the specific mechanics, this means completing a certain form immediately following the payment of the first such payroll based on Georgia work: Application for GDOL Tax Account or Status Change - DOL 1A. Once the quarter in which the last employee was paid is completed, the employer's obligation to Georgia terminates in this regard.

I truly hope all works out for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either "Bad Service" or "Poor Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button (not RELIST) with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. In rating my work, please realize that I am merely the messenger, meaning I do not write the laws and can only report them to you. Placing a BONUS is a nice way of expressing appreciation and will be most gratefully appreciated to allow me to continue helping customers!

Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You,

Is the Fl contractor required to register as a foreign entity since he is working as a subcontractor?

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

You are quite welcome -- my pleasure to be of some service!

I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.

Kindly just let me know if you are having any problem with submitting your favorable rating (acceptance) of my answer on the honor system. I would be glad to help out if so or ask our support team for assistance if needed. I mention this only because I have seen some confusion and the last thing I want is to see you encounter any frustration.

QUESTION: "Is the Fl contractor required to register as a foreign entity since he is working as a subcontractor?"

ANSWER: If the Florida contractor, regardless of the fact that he is working as a subcontractor, has employees (meaning he cuts their payroll), then the answer is yes, no way around that and still comply with the law. If that is not the case, though, then the same does not apply. Hope that makes sense...if not please just give me a shout.

Take care and thanks again for choosing our service!

Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No not a problem here , this is my first attempt at this method of research. Thank you