Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

my flag car co was called to do work with another flag car

Customer Question

my flag car co was called to do work with another flag car co. i'm the sub here he got paid and wont answer my calls can i put a lean against the trucking co. dot rights so they caon't get permits till he pays me
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You would only be able to place a lien against the company if you got a judgment against them. However, a lien wouldn't necessarily prevent the company from getting permits. The recourse here is to file suit against the company and get a judge to order them to pay you. The local Small Claims Court should have forms that you can use.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what if i'm owed 20,000
In that case, you would file in the Superior Court. Unfortunately, there aren't any court-created forms available online. If you have a written contract, you may want to check it to see if there is a clause that allows you to hold him responsible for your attorneys fees.

If not, here is one example of what a Complaint might look like. They're very fact-specific, though, so you have to take the basic format and then fill in your own facts.