socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

WHAT DOES A LLC CORPORATION FROM ONE STATE REQUIRE TO PURCHASE

WHAT DOES A LLC CORPORATION FROM ONE STATE REQUIRE TO PURCHASE A VEHICLE IN ANOTHER STATE AND REGISTER IN THE OTHER STATE. TRANSACTION TO BE CONDUCTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL NOT AFFILIATED TO THE LLC.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.
An LLC is not a corporation. An LLC does not have formal "resolutions," or board of director meetings. An LLC has a manager or managers who are authorized under an operating agreement to conduct business on behalf of the LLC.

The purchaser signs in the name of the LLC: JOHN DOE, General Manager, ABC, LLC.

Proof of authorization as a manager would be a notarized copy of the operating agreement, or a certified copy of the Secretary of State registration form, showing the purchaser as a manager (n.b., some states do not require that the LLC registration identify the managers, so this document may not prove anything). Also, a copy of a signature card from a bank account in the LLC's name would prove management (or at least financial) authority.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. Your positive feedback to the website is appreciated. If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!