Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Paul, I have decided to go Pro Se with my post divorce as

Paul, I have decided to go Pro Se with my post divorce as motions have been filed and too many conferences scheduled with no outcome other than a large bill for me. That being said, since the issues are of the ex being in contempt of settlement agreement, do I have to send opposing council a copy of letters I send out (i.e., insurnce co cash distribution letter) in trying to resolve these issues? i did file an appearance and I have a hearing date set for July 17 to hear the motions that were already entered. BTW, the judge was not happy with the ex's lack of cooperation. Thank you
If you are working to resolve these matters, you do not have to send the opposing counsel copies of the letters you are sending our, but you can present them of evidence of your ex's non-cooperation in this matter. You only have to notify the opposing counsel of any motions or pleadings you file in the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”