Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

Ive signed a commercial lease that I didnt fully understand, what worse I too

I've signed a commercial lease that I didn't fully understand, what worse I took it to attorney and they don't fully understand it either.
I've paid several thousand over and above. I need advice on the remaineder of lease, making sure I don't get stuck paying more in my last 14months.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 years ago.

We cannot represent you or review the lease for you directly. You might seek the assistance of a good commercial real estate broker to review the lease for you to see whether the landlord is following the terms. What you pay as rent should be very clearly stated. The variable issues are percentage rents and CAM (common area maintenance) charges. The explanations can be vague and you have the right to have them explained, which you have already requested. Again, if you can't get help from an attorney, try a good commercial broker for assistance.

I have answered your question. Please click on ACCEPT or SMILEY FACE so that I will be compensated. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you wish clarification of the answer, please send me a "Reply". If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.