rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

Customer Question

Greetings, I am currently starting an Investment Advisor Firm (Hedge Fund) in the state of Georgia and meet the requirements for a De Minimis Exemption for registering with the Georgia Securities Division. I have no office (as of the moment), security trades will take place from my home computer terminal, there will be 4 clients using my services, and the total amount of money under managment will be under $200,000. I need a moderately detailed account of the steps I will need to take in order to set this this up: Is there any other registration necessary in lieu of the GSD forms, what county/state/federal documents must I fill out, what applicable fees should I expect, and any/all other legal obligations I must satisfy before my business is up and running.

Thank you for your counsel.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.

To be honest, I never do this as a JA Business Law expert, but all things you need to know (and there are many) are online. Google "Starting a Hedge Fund in Georgia". Click on "Starting a orx Fund; How to Start a Hedge Fund" and that will lead you to dozens of details under TURN KEY HEDGE FUNDS, INC.

If you feel that simply referring you to an online site is unacceptable, please feel free not to accept this answer. I mean that. Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thank you very much.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 4 years ago.

Again. Good luck

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for pointing me to the website, but I can not justify the $63 for a google referral. I understand the answer is extremely extensive and it would be prudent to seek assistance in person rather than through online correspondence. Thank you again for taking the time to respond and I look forward to future assistance.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 4 years ago.

My pleasure and I more than understand