MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.

ToS/Privacy Policy and Health Law Question

Customer Question

Edit: I just saw a lawyer is online who has spoken about HIPAA. I want you! Just claim this question and tell me you need more information and I'll fill in the details.

I am looking for a lawyer who is experienced with: 1) Internet Law...you should know what would need to go in a ToS and Privacy Policy for a certain site) 2) Health Law, specifically Mental Health knowledge if possible...HIPAA knowledge NOT required as no health professionals are involved. It would just be regarding general privacy gray areas regarding releasing someone's personal information The price I pay for the question can be adjusted after we discuss the issues in more detail.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  kattorney replied 1 year ago.

Kathie Russell :

I have answered some HIPAA questions on here, but I'm not sure if I am the one you are looking for. If I am, I'd be happy to help you, just send me the details.

Kathie Russell :

I also have experience with internet law and mental health law, and have drafted ToS and privacy policies for clients in the past.

Customer :

You aren't the person I had in mind. They specifically listed health law, internet law and

Customer :

aven spoken at a conference about HIPAA

Customer :

Please release the question

Kathie Russell :

OK, I'm opting out. If you don't find the right person, feel free to contact me again and I will try to assist you. Thanks and have a good day.

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking for someone to draft something for you because if yes, that is against the rules of the website. Legal experts on this site cannot give you legal advice and cannot perform legal work for you. If, however, you have a legal question, you are free to ask it.`
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay. I'm from Seattle and it's been one hell of a week.

I wasn't referring to someone DRAFTING a legal document. I was referring to someone REVIEWING. I apologize for not being clear.

Based on your explanation, i'm still unsure if that would be allowed.

Could I ask you for example, we are concerned about users on our site doing X, does our privacy policy have the proper language to protect against that?

Or is that legal advice because a contract/agreement is involved?

If the former is the case, then I look forward to working with you.

If the latter is the case, I apologize for wasting your time. I needed a question answered by a lawyer quickly and assumed
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
That would be considered legal advice. We can tell you what the law says or does not say, for example, but we cannot comment on specific matters. There should be a disclaimer on this page that you can review.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In that case, please just give me a refund. I won't use this site anymore.

Drew
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.
I can forward this to customer service if you wish.