David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
11661736

A company based in Pennsylvania issues credit cards to employees

A company based in Pennsylvania issues credit cards to employees for purchase of gas related to servicing accounts. An employee charged personal groceries, gas, and miscellaneous items including two tvs (just the two tvs cost $1749.00. Can this person be held liable for misuse of a company card and, if so, what must the company do?
Hello and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. I'm sorry to hear of these events with your employee. There are some clear civil remedies you may have and there may also be some criminal issues as well. Criminal charges may only be brought by the state. Therefore, if you have any interest in bringing criminal charges, the first step would be to contact the state attorney's office in your county. They will investigate this matter from a criminal standpoint and decide whether the actions warrant bringing criminal charges. If you are not sure whether you want to bring criminal charges just yet, you can approach the employee first and ask for immediate and full reimbursement. If they are unable to reimburse you in full, you can choose between a number of different approaches. One approach would be to have the employee enter into a repayment agreement. A more aggressive civil approach might be to file suit for the amounts charged. You will have to decide which direction you desire to take.

I hope this information is helpful but please feel free to post follow up questions or comments if I can assist you further.