kattorney
kattorney, Attorney
Experience:  16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law
50298765

Question28 Helio Company can process hydrogen into an inexpensive

Question28
Helio Company can process hydrogen into an inexpensive fuel for internal combustion engines. As an innovator in its market, Helio currently has the power to affect the price of its product. This is
Choose one answer.
a. market power.
b. predatory pricing.
c. price discrimination.
d. price-fixing.
Question 29
HVAC Parts Company charges different buyers different prices for identical goods. HVACs prices are subject to evaluation under
Choose one answer.
a. the Clayton Act.
b. the Federal Trade Commission Act.
c. the Sherman Act.
d. no antitrust law.
Question 30
Imperio Caffeine Corporation makes and sells coffee under a variety of brand names. Imperio wants to merge with Java Company, its main competitor. In weighing a challenge to the deal, a court looks at the relevant product market. This most likely includes coffee and
Choose one answer.
a. no other products.
b. products that are not identical but are related, such as spin-offs.
c. products that are reasonably interchangeable.
d. products with identical attributes only.
Question 31
Diners Corporation, a U.S. firm, signs a contract with Essen, A,G., a German firm, to give Essen the right to use Diners trademark in restaurants in Germany. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a distribution agreement.
b. a joint venture.
c. direct exporting.
d. licensing.
Question 32
Football Unlimited, a British seller of tickets to overseas sports games, enters into a price fixing agreement with World Cup Sports, the exclusive U.S. vendor of Footballs tickets. A U.S. court is most likely to apply U.S. antitrust laws to this agreement
Choose one answer.
a. if it has a substantial effect on U.S. commerce.
b. if it has any effect on U.S. commerce.
c. if it was entered into in the United States.
d. under no circumstances.
Question 33
Hemisphere Financial Corporation, a U.S. firm, files a suit against Italy in a U.S. court. Italy claims foreign sovereign immunity. Under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, this claim is determined by
Choose one answer.
a. a neutral third-party court.
b. an international law court.
c. an Italian court.
d. the U.S. court in which the suit is filed.
Question 34
KO Marketing Company, a U.S. firm, signs a contract with Librador Corporacion, a Chilean firm, to give Librador the right to use Innovatives animation techniques and characters in product promotions. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a distribution agreement.
b. a joint venture.
c. direct exporting.
d. licensing.
Question 35
Michael, a citizen of Ireland, and Nina, a citizen of the United States, enter into a contract. When Nina breaches the contract, Michael obtains an award of damages in an Irish court. He asks a U.S. court to enforce the award. The U.S. court defers to and enforces the Irish courts decree. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a travesty of justice.
b. the act of state doctrine.
c. the doctrine of sovereign immunity.
d. the principle of comity.
Question 36
Miranda is a U.S. citizen working in Europe for Tourist Vacations, Inc., a U.S. travel agency. Tourist fires Miranda for reasons that she believes violate U.S. antidiscrimination laws. Those laws apply
Choose one answer.
a. extraterritorially.
b. only to signatories of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
c. only to members of the World Trade Organization.
d. only within U.S. borders.
Question 37
Mountain Mining Company, a U.S. firm, owns property in Bolivia. The government of Bolivia seizes the property for an illegal purpose without paying just compensation. This is
Choose one answer.
a. confiscation.
b. defalcation.
c. dumping.
d. expropriation.
Question 38
Optima Medico Corporation, a U.S. firm, signs a contract with Pharma Beneficial, Ltd., a Canadian firm, to give Pharma the right to sell Optimas products in Canada. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a distribution agreement.
b. a joint venture.
c. direct exporting.
d. licensing.
Question39
Premier Clothing, Inc., a U.S. firm, obtains a judgment in a U.S. court against Quang Tri, Ltd., a Vietnamese business. Whether the courts judgment will be enforced by a court in Vietnam depends on the Vietnamese courts application of
Choose one answer.
a. the act of state doctrine.
b. the doctrine of sovereign immunity.
c. the principle of comity.
d. the World Trade Organization.
Question 40
Quality Energy Company, a U.S. firm, and Royal Petro, a Dutch firm, enter into a contract that includes an arbitration clause. This clause must provide that the arbitrator will be
Choose one answer.
a. any specified third party.
b. the American Arbitration Association.
c. the Dutch Arbitration Organization.
d. the International Chamber of Commerce.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  kattorney replied 2 years ago.

Kathie Russell :

1 - A

Kathie Russell :

sorry that was 28, not 1

Kathie Russell :

29 - B

Kathie Russell :

30 - B

Kathie Russell :

31 - D

Kathie Russell :

32 - B

Kathie Russell :

33 - B

Kathie Russell :

34 - A

Kathie Russell :

35 - D

Kathie Russell :

36 - D

Kathie Russell :

37 - D

Kathie Russell :

38 - A

Kathie Russell :

39 - C

Kathie Russell :

40 - A

Kathie Russell :

I hope my answer to your question was helpful. I just noticed that you haven't accepted my answer yet. You've already paid a deposit. However, I'm not paid until you "Accept" my answer. If my response wasn't what you needed, please review my answer and tell me why by clicking the "Reply to Expert" button. That way I can help you better, or find another Expert who can. To accept my answer, please go to the question page and click the "Accept Answer" button. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

kattorney, Attorney
Experience: 16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law