rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

Holly obtains an insurance policy from Inviolable Insurance

Holly obtains an insurance policy from Inviolable Insurance Corporation (IIC). IIC may cancel, or refuse to renew, the policy because of
Choose one answer.
a. Hollys appearance as a witness against IIC.
b. Hollys national origin.
c. Hollys race.
d. none of the choices.

Bob rents a golf cart at Country Club Golf Course. Durwood, the attendant, gives Bob key number "12" and points to the cart lot behind the clubhouse. This is
Choose one answer.
a. constructive delivery.
b. physical delivery.
c. not a delivery until Bob turns the key and starts the cart.
d. no delivery.

Danielle delivers her dress to Every Day Cleaners for dry cleaning. Every Day promises to have it ready within five business days. Danielle agrees to pay the charge for the cleaning when she picks up the dress. These parties have a contract. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a constructive bailment.
b. an involuntary bailment.
c. an express bailment.
d. no bailment.

Early one morning, Tab agrees to loan his bike to Sheila, who promises to return it in the evening. Because there is no consideration, there is no contract. This is
Choose one answer.
a. a constructive bailment.
b. an involuntary bailment.
c. an express bailment.
d. no bailment.

Emily checks her luggage at Flyaway Airliness ticket counter before boarding her flight to Houston. Subject to a bailment is
Choose one answer.
a. Emily.
b. Emilys luggage.
c. Emilys ticketed seat on the flight.
d. none of the choices.

Faye owns the land on which Golden Spurs Ranch is situated, plus the ranch house, barn, and other structures permanently attached to the land. Fayes brother Huey owns everything else in the ranchs operation¾livestock, feed, and so on. The personal property is owned by
Choose one answer.
a. Faye and Huey.
b. Faye only.
c. Golden Spurs Ranch.
d. Huey only.

GR8 Vision, Inc., hires Haul-Way Company to transport fifty large-screen HDTVs from GR8s warehouse in San Diego to an Ideal Electronics retail store in Phoenix. The bailee is
Choose one answer.
a. GR8 Vision.
b. Haul-Way.
c. Ideal Electronics.
d. no one.

Helen owns heavy construction equipment and the tools to service it, as well as office furniture, including computers. Ilya owns a number of patents, trademarks that identify the products made under those patents, and stock in the company that sells those products. Personal property includes the items owned by
Choose one answer.
a. Helen and Ilya.
b. Helen only.
c. Ilya only.
d. neither Helen nor Ilya.

In contemplation of death during risky surgery, Donnelly, a guitarist, gives his guitars to Cathy. The surgery is successful, and Donnelly does not die. The gift of the guitars is
Choose one answer.
a. not revoked because it was a gift causa mortis.
b. not revoked because it was a gift inter vivos.
c. revoked because it was a gift causa mortis.
d. not revoked because it was a gift largesse.

Fact Pattern 37-2
Ruben, a football fan, transfers land, by deed, to State University. The deed states, "To State University, as long as the football team wins every game, then to Community College."
Refer to Fact Pattern 37-2. States interest in the land is
Choose one answer.
a. a fee simple absolute.
b. a fee simple defeasible.
c. a life estate.
d. a nonpossessory interest.

Bakri owns a house. In the house, on a tile floor is a throw rug. Most likely to meet the definition of a fixture is
Choose one answer.
a. the house.
b. the throw rug.
c. the tile floor.
d. none of these choices.

Buster conveys one square block in Center City "to Diana for life, then to Center City." For Diana, this creates
Choose one answer.
a. a fee simple absolute.
b. a fee simple defeasible.
c. a life estate.
d. a nonpossessory interest.

Cow Country Corporation (CCC) sells half of its land to the Double R Ranch. On the land is a reservoir. In the deed, CCC retains the right to remove a limited amount of water per day from the reservoir. This right is
Choose one answer.
a. a fee simple absolute.
b. a license.
c. an easement.
d. a profit.

Elsa, the owner of Fertile Farm, sells Gina a right to park her RV on Fertile land overnight. Ginas right is
Choose one answer.
a. a fee simple absolute.
b. a license.
c. an easement.
d. a profit.

Grant wants to transfer the ownership of his warehouse to Hal by deed. To do so requires
Choose one answer.
a. the grantees signature only.
b. the grantors signature only.
c. the grantees and the grantors signatures.
d. none of the choices.

Jaime conveys his historic mansion to Main Street Historical Society in fee simple defeasible. In the mansion, Jaime now has
Choose one answer.
a. a partial ownership interest.
b. an easement.
c. no interest.
d. a profit.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA

Holly d

Bob b

Danielle c

Tab c

Emily b

Faye b

GR8 b

Helen b

Donnelly c

Ruben b

Bakri c

Buster c

CCC d

Elsa b

Grant b

Jaime c

rich

rvlaw, Attorney
Experience: NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator