JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for business formation, business sales, tax, partnerships, sole proprietors and buy/sell agreements.
62699694

multiple choise. 21. Ester is a lighting technician who hires

multiple choise. 21. Ester is a lighting technician who hires out on a per-project basis to film and television production companies, as well as theatres and other venues that stage dramatic and musical performances. In this capacity, Ester is a.an agent. b.an employee. c.an independent contractor. d.a principal. 24. Based on Bluto's conduct, Cass reasonably believes that Dee has the authority to act on Bluto's behalf even though Dee does not have the actual authority to do so. Bluto has a.apparent authority. b.equal authority. c.express authority. d.implied authority. 28. Bunky is seventeen years old. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Bunky cannot work a.during school hours. b.in a hazardous occupation. c.more than eighteen hours per week. d.without a special permit. 32. Chemco Sales, Corporation wants to monitor its employees' electronic communications. To avoid liability under laws related to employee monitoring, Chemco should notify a.no one. b.the employees. c.the government. d.the public generally. 35. Paula, a disabled person, applies for a job at Quantity Corporation for which she is well qualified, but for which she is rejected. Quantity continues to seek applicants and eventually fills the position with a person who is not disabled. Paula is most likely to succeed in a suit against Quantity for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 if she can show that a.she was not hired solely because of her disability. b.she can function well with corrective devices or on medication. c.her disability causes her undue hardship. d.she could not perform the job even with reasonable accommodation. 36. Flynn is a drug addict who has completed a supervised drug-rehabilitation program. Gert used drugs casually in the past. Both work for Home Credit Company. Considered to have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 a.are Flynn and Gert. b.is Flynn only. c.is Gert only. d.is neither Flynn nor Gert. 37. Dick works for First City Bank. When his spouse Elin is diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease, Dick asks to take temporary leave to care for her. First City discharges him. He files a suit against the bank under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Most likely, Dick can a.recover for association discrimination. b.recover for reverse discrimination. c.recover for disparate-impact discrimination. d.not recover. 39. Socrates Software Corporation wants to hire Tomas, a noncitizen of "extraordinary ability." To hire Tomas, Socrates must petition a.U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. b.the Social Security Administration. c.U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. d.the National Labor Relations Board. 40. Hiway Trucking Company believes that International Truckers Union (ITU) has violated a federal labor law. The appropriate step is for Hiway to a.file an unfair labor practice complaint with the National Labor Relations Board. b.file a suit in the appropriate federal court. c.lock out the ITU employees. d.petition the president of the United States, who has eighty days to make a decision.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 2 years ago.

JerrySJD :

21. c. independent contractor

JerrySJD :

working on the rest ...

Customer:

thank you

JerrySJD :

24. this is a tough one ... c. express authority. Bluto is the principal.

JerrySJD :

28. b. in a hazardous occupation (as defined by the statute).

Customer:

I guess same.

JerrySJD :

32. a. no one (Canada does have rules on this)

JerrySJD :

35. a

JerrySJD :

36. d

JerrySJD :

37. c

JerrySJD :

38. c

JerrySJD :

41. a

JerrySJD :

Thank you for using JustAnswer! Please click "Accept". If you need more, just let me know.

Customer:

did you mean q3 to 39, and 41 to 40?

JerrySJD, Attorney
Experience: Attorney for business formation, business sales, tax, partnerships, sole proprietors and buy/sell agreements.
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 2 years ago.

That is 40 a, 39 c.

These questions make one's head spin. They are all over the map.

JerrySJD, Attorney