MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I have an single member LLC, the single member another LLC

I have an single member LLC, the single member another LLC which is a multi member LLC. I am the managing member of the multi member LLC. When preparing documents for the single member LLC, how do I sign them?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. I just want to be sure I understand your question. Is your question how you sign documents for the single member LLC when the single member LLC is a child of another multi-member LLC of which you are the managing member? If so, whom is the principal of the single member LLC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The principal of the single member LLC is the Multi member LLC. i am the managing member of the multi member LLC.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the single member LLC would be signed by the multi-member and the person signing on behalf of the multi-member identified by his title and indicating he is signing on behalf of the multi-member LLC. For example, by _________ managing member, for an on behalf of ______, (multi-member LLC)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is that: "for an on behalf of", or "for and on behalf of"
I'm sorry (typo), for "and" on behalf of.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX! :)
To do any Legal business transaction, such as purchase or sale property, do we need to write up a resolution to perform that action?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to mention the name of the first LLC in the signature line?

For example would I write by ______________, managing member, for and in behalf of __________________LLC (Multi member LLC), sole member of __________________LLC Sole member LLC)

Yes, that would be correct.

So long as the single member LLC, per its agreement with the mutli-member has granted the multi-member the status of agent or otherwise bestowed upon it the ability to bind the sole member then no resolution would be necessary. There must however be some agreement executed between the parties whereby the multi-member has granted the right act on behalf of the single.
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience: Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements