MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

Amerisciences My wife and I joined Amerisciences in 2010.

My wife and I joined Amerisciences in 2010. We put in quite a bit of money. Their policy states that you can quit within 12 months and any product you have that has not expired can be returned for a 90% refund. We did not originally take all the product we paid for, but were given a credit of $77,000. We never took product for this money, but they have the cash.

The company has now folded up and the president told my wife that he would call her, but of course he has not. We have ask for a refund of our 'credit money' but have not gotten any response other than, "that's not up to me".

Since we never took the product, it obviously had not expired. What is our recourse?

Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Thank you for the post, has the company been acquired, filed bankruptcy, or dissolved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not know the status - Amerisciences is a multi-level marketing company - according to them, they have "merged" with another MLM company - Organo Gold, a company that sells coffee.

I do not know the legal status of Amerisciences at this point
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the company:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The company is listed as being in good standing with the state of Texas and not pending dissolution or withdrawal of its corporate registration. For your reference see

I am concerned that you may have been given a bit of misinformation or there was a misunderstanding as to the company's status. In any event, as the corporation is still up and running, and recognized by the state, it may still be the subject of a suit or claim for damages. Therefore, you should strongly consider retaining corporate litigation counsel to send the registered agent a demand letter for the reimbursement of the sum owed to you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have talked to other distributors who have credits with this company from $25K to over $100K. I have also heard rumors of a class action suit. Would such a suit have to be filed in Texas and how can one find out if, or when a suit is filed?
Yes, the suit would need to be filed in TX, to learn of when or if a suit is filed you would have to periodically check the district and federal court's docket for the county/district the company is located in ( In any event, you should consider retaining counsel, and your counsel could consider forming a class to file a class action suit with you as the lead plaintiff. Please let me know if you need additional guidance or have any follow up questions.