Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

had a business for 23years, jewelry and related services. sold

had a business for 23years, jewelry and related services. sold the name, clients, showcases and 2safes plus other stuff for $10,000. almost 3 years ago. they have renaged on there monthly payments and still owe approx. $7,500. they have moved out without giving notice on there $750 per month rent, but promise to pay the balance of the $10,000. how can i enforce them to pay up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good evening. If the buyer will not pay voluntarily, file a suit for collection due to the breach of contract. Once the suit is filed and a judgment awarded, then as plaintiff, you become a judgment creditor and and can have the sheriff serve a summons on the losing party for a debtor examination. That forces the losing party to meet the judgment creditor in court and answer questions under oath about the losing party's assets. After the that information is obtained, the judgment creditor has the power to garnish wages, attach bank accounts, and/or have the sheriff seize other property to satisfy the judgment.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information seems more general than specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information and not specific advice. If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break. If you need additional clarification on this question, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is it worth pursuing for $7500
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
In what state are you located?