Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I signed a contract for a weight loss center, and have not

I signed a contract for a weight loss center, and have not been able to stay on the program. The weight loss center indicates I may not cancel the contract, and continues to draw the monthly fee for services each month from my credit card. Do I have a right to cancel the contract?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

You can cancel the contract, but if you do so, the weight loss center has the right to sue you for the breach and seek the remaining balance left on the contract. For instance, if you signed a 1 year contract, and you're 6 months into the contract, you would be legally responsible for the dues for the next 6 months.

You would have to read the contract to see what it says about damages resulting from a contract breach.