Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I run a privately owned ambulance company that receives no

I run a privately owned ambulance company that receives no funding from any tax base. We are not allowed on the county 911 system even if the caller requests are service. The city in witch we we operate also runs a FD based ambulance service. We both provide same level of care to patients. Recently it has come to my attention that the officers of the FD are trying to solicate transports from the area businesses that we service. So my question is, can a publicly owened & operated entity go out and advertise against a privately owened business ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. May I ask your state, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Aberdeen, South Dakota 57401
Thank you for your question.

I appreciate the information that you provided. Based on my review of local laws I found no mention of limitations that a publicly run company cannot compete against a private company in this instance. There are generally no limitations posed. A good example is the US Postal Service, which is a governmentally (or a public) company who has no issue competing against other companies in the industry such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL.

Good luck.