BH, Attorney
Experience:  NY and CA Attorney 8+ Years

Hello, I am working as an interpreter/translator in the

I am working as an interpreter/translator in the UK and I am about to sign a contract with a company based in Germany for a translation project. This would be my first contract with a company abroad and I am not sure how to word it as I don't really know who would I address myself to in case the payments aren't made on time or so. I know that in the UK, I would sort a payment issue, as a last resort in a small claims court, yet under who's jurisdiction does a contract like this would come (court wise)?
I appreciated if you could provide me with as detailed information as possible!

Category: Business Law
Expert:  BH replied 4 years ago.

Bridgeth :

Since there are no international courts to govern this type of situation, you would pick the jurisdiction of your choice, which would likely be the UK. Another alternative is to have the contract governed by an international dispute resolution process such as the London Court of International Arbitration.

Expert:  BH replied 4 years ago.
Thank-you for accepting my answer. I hope that I have sufficiently addressed your concern(s). If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Bridget Hauserman, Esq.