Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I forgot if I have a window should Take all 17 files with

Customer Question

I forgot

if I have a window should Take all 17 files with me to the Illinois D.A including the murder.

Interesting question.I can prove with clear and convincing evidence my sister used an Illinois POA for health care to end my mothers life.

The California statute states they must except an out of state legally drafted ,signed and notarized POA, Not just pick and choose but its entirety as well as its revocation clauses

On 6/6 my mother verbally to me removed my sister as POA and rep[laced her with me.My lawyer drafted the revocation and appointment.It was signed and notarized and distributed to 20 institutions and people.All ignored it.

The Illinois POA act states if a revocation is concealed or not acted upon and the person from withholding or withdrawing life sustaining medications ot treatment and the person dies it is manslaughter.

Since this was an Illinois document enforceable in California is their any possibility by using that Illinois can claim jurisdiction?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

I would take the enire file and let the DA advise on what to do with the material that relates to the homicide. If he refers the matter to the CA DA that will have much more impact than if you bring it. If he declines you can still go separately.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.