BartEsq
BartEsq, Researcher
Experience:  Juris Doctor
64232130

I just found out a Corporation I use to work for set me up

I just found out a Corporation I use to work for set me up ---without my knowledge ---in a Google Apps Cloud Network--this is a Cloud Net Work Google offers to businesses to communicate within a cloud/Private Web Site and review documents--emails ect. And this enables the administrator of the cloud network to enter my computer. and copy—take documents. This is also a paid for server—for each user cost is $5.00 mth and is paid online to Google. And User is identified by user’s cell number and Gmail address. How did I find out--I was in my computer 2 days ago looking at varicose system files--I clicked on one of them and I was brought to an Internet Explorer page and there was the site of the organization and the http address was my desk top C:/Documents and settings/Teresa/Desktop/Google Apps Bes.mht --- Be's, is the Corporation I am talking about
Your Advice—and to go to the authorities would be difficult as they have no knowledge of this sort of technology nor the tools to investigate.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BartEsq replied 5 years ago.

bart0358 :

Hello, Im researching your answer now.

bart0358 :

I cant give you a decisive answer. There are many factors that play into this incuding any work contract or user agreements you may signed. But this is a pretty serious issue.

bart0358 :

There are several groups that are actively involved in workplace monitoring issues and that advocate stronger government regulation of employee monitoring activities.

• National Work Rights Institute
    166 Wall St.
    Princeton, NJ 08540
    (609)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Web: www.workrights.org

• 9 to 5, the National Association of Working Women
    207 East Buffalo St., #211
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    (414)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Hotline(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Web: www.9to5.org

• Workplace Fairness
    www.workplacefairness.org
    Affiliated with the National Employment Lawyers Association, www.nela.org

• American Civil Liberties Union
    125 Broad Street, 18th Floor
    New York, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(212)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Publications Ordering: 1-800-775-ACLU (2258)
    Web: www.aclu.org

bart0358 :

These organizations investigating and help people persue privacy rights violations in the workplace.

bart0358 :

This link will take you to one of the best and most comprehensive sites regarding privacy rights and the workplace. Start here and if you need too, contact one of the agencies above. Im not sure if there are any criminal charges you can bring against your employer but there is certainly a civil cause of action.

bart0358 :

Let me know if you need anything else. Please contact me if you have any problems. You can request me directly or just put "to bart" at the beginning of your question. Please remember to click "ACCEPT" so I can get credit for my work. Bonus is not mandatory but appreciated.

Customer:

Thank You

Customer:

The Corporation I am speaking of I had owned 50% of and sold in November 2010 to my now ex. I have absolutely no affiliation to the Corporation except for check I receive mthy payment of buyout. To note--At date of Divorce October 25th 2010 I was given my corporate computer and my Cell Phone/ number to own personally I suspect this Cloud Network was set up during my ownership--almost 2 years ago. I did find on my Gmail Dash Board 4 android applications that are not on my cell phone--I suspect these are business apps (Cloud) used in the setup of Google Apps for business. As well Sprint did acknowledge my Gmail settings up for employee monitoring—(I have tapped) meaning employee has full access to all my activities on my cell—--Webs I accessed—Texts—and computer Data—--as well can track me GPS. Problem is I had no direct connection to the Corporation until I found Be’s Business Apps web site. And the address to site is my Desk Top. To also add, I have a very stringent Non-compete with Corporation—If I break it would look like I am harming the corporation and I would be sued—I have Corporate documents on my computer if they ever got out in the streets the finger would be pointed at me..