Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements
20355756

Hello again. Obviously I value your expertise - thats why

Hello again. Obviously I value your expertise - that's why I'm back with you again.

I would like to depose the stated roommate of my estranged wife. How would I go about doing this.
1. Do I have to issue a subpoena;
2. Can I have it conducted in one of the rooms available in the Family Court;
3. Do I have to pay any legal fees to the defense counsel;
4. Do you have an idea how much it would cost - or where I could get this information - for a court reporter?

Thanks - again.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.

Hello again

Thank you for the compliment -- I am currently on my iPhone and at the doctor's office -- but I can answer these questions right now -- and then after that I will be back about 3 pm EST for the rest of the evening if you have more questions and do not mind waiting until I get back -- here goes on the questions you posted just now:

1. Do I have to issue a subpoena; YES -- you should be able to get a form to use at the clerk's office of the family court
2. Can I have it conducted in one of the rooms available in the Family Court; Yes, if the family court will let you use or rent their conference room

3. Do I have to pay any legal fees to the defense counsel; No -- that is their problem
4. Do you have an idea how much it would cost - or where I could get this information - for a court reporter? This is always the biggest expense for a deposition and can get as high as $5,000 for the copies of the transcripts. Ask at the courthouse and they should be able to give you the names of several court reporters who work as freelancers or independent contractors in your county.

I hope that helps. As I said I appreciate the fact that you request my services here and are willing to wait for me to come online. If you have follow up question and do not mind waiting until later this afternoon for me to get back to my home base then I will be happy to pick this up again at that time.

--MARY

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT or SUBMIT button so I will be paid for my time assisting you with this question. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Legalease, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements