kattorney, Attorney
Experience:  16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law

My husband reported company violations to his HR office--with

Customer Question

My husband reported company violations to his HR office--with documentation--including being demoted for bringing attention to his immediate supervisor. Within several days,he was taken off that particular job and within one week he was laid off. We have no doubt that this is retaliation for speaking out. We live in CT--do we have any recourse?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  kattorney replied 4 years ago.

Kathie Russell : It depends upon what the violations were for. If they were workplace related, he can file a claim with OSHA (must be filed within 39 days). If it involves wage or labor violations he can file with the state and possibly also federal Departments of Labor. If it is not OSHA related, I would start by going online to the website for your state Dept. of Labor, and they should have a complaint form for you to use.