Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

For Paul MJD I went to psychiatrist for 8 weeks and he now

For Paul MJD

I went to psychiatrist for 8 weeks and he now says that he cannot come up with any logical reason for me not to return to work. UnUm is waiting for his report and new paperwork for Long Term Insurance. I was only receiving 78.00 from UnUm a week and now will have to invest a $40.00 co-pay if they decide to send me to a Psychologist. I have already gotten an extension from state until July 1 and am going through the paperwork with my company to retire July 1 of 2012. I imagine I will now see a Decline letter. I would like to send you a statement of their calculations of what they paid me - seems awfully low. I have an attorney who told me to call him when I get the letter. I don't know if I was treated right, but I can't bear the thought of walking back into that office. Can I still pursue them if there were any miscalculations or wrong doing after retirement?

Turns out I will only loose 150.00 a month for not waiting until May 2013.
You need to now make a choice and you will have to return to work and ride out until your retirement date at work. Since you have no more medical support from your doctor saying you need to stay out of work, I am afraid you most likely have to go back to work and you need to put everything out of your mind except that you only have 3 months or less to retire. You could still pursue them for any miscalculations in benefits and going back to work does not affect that.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT and/or the HAPPY SMILEY FACE button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
From what I understand, state will continue to pay me as long as the doctor has that he does not agree. I have already received approval from state, which is substantial , for a return date of July 5. I won't miss the 80.00. I remember the last time I was out a couple of years back I was out a month or so past my medical.
Thanks,
That is as long as you have one doctor involved who does not agree you can return to work. But if all of the doctors say you should return to work then you have a problem.