Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am looking to purchase a major brand rebuilt gasoline dispenser

I am looking to purchase a major brand rebuilt gasoline dispenser from a company in Minnesota. I am located in New Hampshire. What are the laws in New Hampshire regarding my purchase from this out of state company for this equipment relative to the certification of the seller and/or the equipment itself?

Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that it does not matter where you purchase the dispenser, when you get it back to NH, you would have to have it inspected and certified by an inspector licensed in NH. As far as the party you make the purchase from, given the costs of this equipment, it may be better for you prior to purchase to have an inspector certified in NH to inspect the item.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT and/or the HAPPY SMILEY FACE button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, to clarify, New Hampshire does not regulate who provides the equipment I buy? Also, what type of an inspector with what type of certification would this inspector need in New Hampshire?
NH department of agriculture inspects pumps, so you need to call them to get a list of their inspectors to see about making contact with them.