Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

If a company is not registered with the state of Missouri to

If a company is not registered with the state of Missouri to do business do they have legal standing to file suit for breach of contract? Can they register with the state later and file a suit?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Welcome!

Thanks for your question. I am the expert that will be assisting you today.

To help me better provide you with information, the type of business entity the company is operating under – for example is it a corporation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The company is a corporation and I am a LLC.

Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
What State is the corporation registered in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The company is in China and they gave the rights to file suit to a company called International Advisors USA. I don't know anymore than that. As of today i can't give you anymore information. If you can't give me an answer, I will have to call someone else.
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
I apologize for asking so many questions but I want to be certain I give you the proper information
Here is the statute that prohibits a foreign corporation from maintaining an action without proper registration with the State of Michigan: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3510000572.HTM
I think this is what you wanted to know. Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The statue you sent me was for an LLC filing suit. What about a corporation?.
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Here you go:
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3510000572.HTM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I sent follow up question to your response at around 12:15 pm est. I had to go to court at 3:30 pm est. My original answer to your mentioned a corporation and an LLC. This is ok, but it didn't help me in time.
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Sorry you did not receive my update. My edit of my original answer apparently crossed with your accept. I thought you received the correct link initially and it was not until several hours later that I received your follow-up. If you look back at the original answer, you will see the correct link
I apologize for any inconvenience - Did you win?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not on that issue because the interstate commerce law doesn't allow the state to require the referenced corporation to register because they don't have a presence in the state.

Hopefully we will still win the case on it's issue's.

I had already signed off on the payment earlier yesterday. I hope that you got paid.

Thanks

Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
I did get paid yesterday. Thank you very much and have a nice day