Raisa Romaelle, Esq.
Raisa Romaelle, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Florida licensed attorney and former business owner, providing you with answers and insight in plain english.
63198330

We want to sell our services to target prospects using telemarketers.

Customer Question

We want to sell our services to target prospects using telemarketers. To 'warm up" the calls we want to send an brief series of introductory emails to the prospects so that they are ready to accept our calls when our telemarketers call. We have bought a list of 100 people along with e-mail ids etc and are going to send them (this is all business to business selling)..I am told that we can do this without appearing to be called a spammer provided we list our address and give them a way to unsubscribe ..Kindly advise what I need to do to not be called a spammer..
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Raisa Romaelle, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Raisa Romaelle, Esq. :

Hi there

Raisa Romaelle, Esq. :

I would be happy to answer your question

Raisa Romaelle, Esq. :

The best way to avoid any issues is to prequalify the people you email. Instead of a follow up call you should be doing an intro call with permission to send the email. (This would soften the approach you have in mind) Legally, you would need to add a disclaimer and the ability to opt out of the emails. I also recommend you use a reputable service to ensure email transmissions are appropriate and safe, and that you can monitor response (who opened the emails, deleted them and so on).

Raisa Romaelle, Esq. :

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once I've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Customer :

thanks for your response

Customer :

Couple of questions: Pre qualifying via call and getting permission to send them an e-mail to request a chance to talk to them defeats the whole objective. The objective is to warm them enough so they will take the call when my telemarketer calls them. We would be using constant contact service to send out the mailers and will be able to track who opens and reads. Thanks for the suggestion.. Constant contact has an opt out link at the bottom so we

Customer :

The question I had was if we provide our contact information and give them an opt out option would we be legally safe from the do not spam ruling.. I believe we would be but wanted your opinion too.. Kindly let me know if I have covered all bases.. thanks