MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I have a Delaware corporation, but I live in Colorado. I do

I have a Delaware corporation, but I live in Colorado. I do all of my business over the internet. Do I need to get a business license in Colorado or Delaware? Also, I have the same question regarding a state employer ID.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You need a business license in DE, an DE employer ID. But because you run the business in CO, you need to register as a foreign entity in CO. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just want to verify. I have an internet business and no employees. I do live in Colorado for approximately 6 months per year, but I conduct my business all over the country. So, there is no store front, only an internet address that my clients use.

Registering in Colorado isn't a problem for me, but I will be moving to Texas in 6 months, so I am trying to avoid any extra paperwork if possible.

Thank you for your help thus far.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I asked a follow up , but I am not sure that it went through
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX of the fact that you are moving, and conduct business all over the country (presume not centrally from CO), you can just wait until you move to TX and register your DE LLC as a foreign business doing business in TX. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.