Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Hi, I have a simple question here. I am a new business owner

Hi, I have a simple question here.
I am a new business owner and would like to know if I can use the endorsement stamp that came with my check set to endorse checks just by stamping checks with the stamp or do I also need to sign them. I'm hoping to just be able to stamp them and deposit them.
The stamper reads:
My bank name
bank address
for deposit only
my business name llc
my account number

Thanks for your time
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. You need only stamp them. They do not need to be signed. I have one of these for my own business and the bank requires nothing but the stamp.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.