Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Last question ... this contract was for the sole prop. I have

Customer Question

Last question ... this contract was for the sole prop. I have since converted to the S Corp. can he sue the Sole prop (me)?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

If your contract that is now in dispute was entered into while you were a sole proprietorship, the other side can sue you personally on that contract even though you later incorporated.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.