Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

Last month I purchased a boat and financed it. Yesterday the

Customer Question

Last month I purchased a boat and financed it. Yesterday the pink slip arrived in the mail and does not have the bank's name on it. What are my options?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.

Who is listed as the lienholder? Another bank or lender?

.

Thanks.

.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I financed it through a bank but received the pink slip with no lien holder stated on it.
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.
Well, technically it should have the lender listed on the pink slip to put the world on notice that there was a lien on the boat.

Apparently someone screwed up and forgot to put the lender on the slip. But that wouldn't relieve you from any obligation to pay for it. It just makes it easier to sell later because you don't have to get the lender to release the pink slip.

If it were me, I would put the pink slip away in a safe place and not mention it to the lender.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.