Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

When filling out a rental application to lease a commercial

When filling out a rental application to lease a commercial property, is it legal to use my business name instead of my own and my ein as my social security #
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon. Are you a sole proprietor or is your business a limited liability entity?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Limited liability
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. In that case, you would want to enter into the lease agreement with your entity, not personally. But, be prepared for the landlord to require you to personally guarantee the lease unless your entity has substantial net worth on its own.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.