Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

My siblings and me entered into a contract to purchase an office,

My siblings and me entered into a contract to purchase an office, 30 day due diligence period begun. We would like to incorporate an LLC to be the buyer. Two questions:
1) May we register as the new LLC's address the new office's, before closing is made? Or is it better to give home address?
2) If all of us are members but only two will manage, How should I designate each: only two MGR or MGRM? What about the non-managing members (any designation in articles of organization)?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. 1) No, you don't want to do that; you want to use a home address or you can use either CT Corporation or Capitol Services to act as registered agent with their registered address for a nominal fee until you purchase the property. But, until that is closed, you don't want to be getting mail at an address you don't control or own. 2) If the managers are also members, you can designate them as managing members. The form of Certificate of Formation online at the Florida Secretary of State website will indicate whether the non-managing members need to be identified.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Then, Isn't it true that MGRM designation applies only when all of members are managers?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Not really....if it is to be member managed, it really means there are not going to be any managers, but simply run by the members themselves. If there are going to be specified managers, you want to identity them as managers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just to make sure I am understanding correctly: Even though NOT ALL of members will be managing, those who will be managing may be called MGRM?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago. can designate them either as managers or managing members.