Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

In late 2008 Yahoo announced a change in its retention policy

Customer Question

In late 2008 Yahoo announced a change in its retention policy for e-mail to a period of 90 days. However this policy was again changed. It now says that the 90 day policy does not apply to "raw data"; that 18 months would be the norm for that. I need to know when exactly this change went into effect. I also need to know if I am correct in reading that the 18 month rule is not retroactive. In other words does that new rule only apply to material dated after the commencement date for the new 18 month rule and dates going onward.

Please do not send me any references to Yahoo's Internet postings; I have read about forty of them and still do not have the dates I need. Just a brief answer to my question with the effective date is all I need.

Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yours is the only response so far. I had actually given up. Would appreciate your help.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I have waited long enough. If there is no response this a.m., please cancel my request for an answer and refund my deposit. I am very disappointed.