Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I want to obtain a LLC for my side business. What is the average

I want to obtain a LLC for my side business. What is the average price for a LLC?
How long does it take to get one?

Thank you for your post.

That is a bit of an open-ended question. In which state do you wish to file? Do you wish to file on your own or with an attorney? Please advise as that would directly impact my answer to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm in Harris County, Deer Park, Texas. I here about Legalzoom. Don;t know if I should go that way or obtain a lawyer in Deer Park. This business is a carwash.

Thank you for your follow-up.

To be frank while you can use Legalzoom or other sites, you can save money and do it yourself. You can follow three steps.

1. Go to this link below and search to see if your name is taken. If not you can obtain it for yourself:

2. Go here to apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number):,,id=102767,00.html

3. Go here to download and file the forms necessary for a "for-profit" corporation. The state of Texas charges $300 for the fee: (look to Form 301)

Good luck.