Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

How do we go about to sue a company that is publishing false

How do we go about to sue a company that is publishing false and misleading "facts" about our products on their website ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Are you a company as well?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, we are EDH US LLC

Because you are a company, the law states you must be represented by an attorney in all legal proceedings and the owner cannot represent the company as it would be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Prior to your company hiring an attorney to pursue them for libel/slander if they are making known false statements about your products, you can send them a letter demanding they cease and desist these comments and remove them as they are false and as such libelous to your company. Inform them if they do not remove the comments you will be forced to pursue them in court and you will seek damages including attorney's fees from them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT and/or the HAPPY SMILEY FACE button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”