WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.

We are a general contractor in Ft. Worth Texas and we have a subcontract agreement with a

We are a general contractor in Ft. Worth Texas and we have a subcontract agreement with a plumbing subcontractor to perform certain plumbing performance at two project locations. The subcontractor has failed to perform and has now hired an attorney to represent it with any further matter related to the subcontract between the parties although the subcobntractor is still performing.

My question, I received a cease and desist from the plumbing contractors attorney with demand that we have no further comunication with the subcontractor. Is that legel to stop my communication between Mega and the subcontractor?
No, it isn't. The only time that would apply is if you were attorneys, the sub contractor's attorney could demand that you only contact the sub's law firm, since the sub is now a represented party.

But, since you are the party who is in the contractual relationship with the sub, you are free to contact the sub as you wish.

Good luck to you. Please press the green ACCEPT button. Thanks.