WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.

I am planning to start an eyebrow threading business in DC.

I am planning to start an eyebrow threading business in DC. There are no certifications for eyebrow threading in USA. Can I start my business without a professional licence? The Arizona State House of Representatives recently passed a law stating that 'persons who provide service that results in the removal of hair from around eyebrows.....' do not need a licence (tha'ts how I understand in layman's terms) HB2262. If I start my business and DC requires me to get a cosmetology licence (which does not teach eyebrow threading), can I go to the court and present HB2262 as a proof that I do not need a professional licence. Will this serve as a proof?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.
No, it wouldn't serve as proof because what you are referring to is an Ariaona state law.issue, and DC is a different jurisdiction. DC is local DC law and federal law.

You would have to use.local DC law or federal law as "proof" in this situation.

Good luck to you. Please press the green Accept button. Thanks.