kattorney
kattorney, Attorney
Experience:  16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law
50298765

Hello! I own land near sturges south dakota and I am thinking

Hello! I own land near sturges south dakota and I am thinking of the busines opertunity during biker week for two weeks. I will charge them to rent space to pitch a tent & have a large bbq charge for meals & sell beer and have entertainment & build a dirt race track I will hire help to keep security & sell & clean & organised. who do I check with to get all the permits & license ect.? how do I go about all this.? all people living near by are cattle ranchers and I will get the ok from them. and there is a danger of prarie fires this time of year so I should keep everyone aware of that and this is the only danger I can think of.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I am still waiting for an answer for this question but also waiting for the question about my unemployment on 03/28/12 and I would like you to look in to bolth questions. thanks !
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  kattorney replied 4 years ago.
1 - You need to check with the city to see what kind of permit, if any, they require for camping on your land. My guess is that during Bike Week in Sturgis, they are fairly lenient with this.

2 - You need a license to allow you to sell beer. This will probably be hard to get as you are not an establishment. The way I have gotten around this in the past at motorcycle events is this: Find a local nonprofit that you like and can work with. Offer them the opportunity to sell the beer, and agree to allow them to do so in exchange for splitting the profits with them. They can get a special, one time use permit for a nonprofit that will allow the beer to be sold. They do all the work, they split the money with you, you make a profit and help out a local charity at the same time. It's also great advertising and p.r. A win-win!

3 - For the entertainment, you may need a local noise permit. They are very easy to get from town hall.

4 - Check the local regs to see how much security you need to hire (some places require hiring X number of guards for every X number of people, some don't have this requirement).

5 - The dirt race track should not require any permits as long as you are not charging anything for the racing, but you might check just to make sure.

All of these requirements that you need can easily be obtained through the city or county permitting department. You just need to spend a little time down there, get to know them, and they will usually be quite helpful. I go to Sturgis every year, so if you get is up and running be sure to let me know! Good luck!
kattorney, Attorney
Experience: 16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law
Expert:  kattorney replied 4 years ago.
If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know.
kattorney, Attorney