J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
15393114

Are the members (not the manager) of a Wyoming LLC on the state

Are the members (not the manager) of a Wyoming LLC on the state record and accessible to the IRS?

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

Not necessarily.

J.Hazelbaker :

The searchable public documents provided by the Wyoming Secretary of State contain only the information provided by the LLC during filing.

J.Hazelbaker :

As part of the filing requirements, only the organizing member and/or the registered agent need to be disclosed. This can be one in the same person.

J.Hazelbaker :

In an LLC with members other than the managing member, the names need not be disclosed and are, thus, not discoverable online/through the secretary of state.

J.Hazelbaker :

For an example of the information that is available, see the web site address below, which provides a random sample:

J.Hazelbaker :

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?FilingNum=2010-000594609

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.