J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.

If you start a online business that is all online such as a

If you start a online business that is all online such as a online dating website, since there are people in all different states signing up for membership, do you have to incorporate in all 50 states, or just the one your doing your business from?

J.Hazelbaker :

J.Hazelbaker :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You only need to register in the state in which you have physical operations. In the case of the business you describe, you would only need to register in the state in which your administrative operations were located.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.