How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J.Hazelbaker Your Own Question
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4385
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
J.Hazelbaker is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you start a online business that is all online such as a

This answer was rated:

If you start a online business that is all online such as a online dating website, since there are people in all different states signing up for membership, do you have to incorporate in all 50 states, or just the one your doing your business from?

J.Hazelbaker :


J.Hazelbaker :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You only need to register in the state in which you have physical operations. In the case of the business you describe, you would only need to register in the state in which your administrative operations were located.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions