J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
15393114

I registered my LLC in Nevada, but live and operate out of

I registered my LLC in Nevada, but live and operate out of Texas. Do I need to register a business license in Texas?

Also with my packet of documents I got when my LLC was registered, there is a form titled "Initial List of Managers or Managing Members and Registered Agent and State Business License Application" There is an additional fee for filing and for a business license. Do I need a business license for my registered agent? Or do I just need to file it? Or have I already done what I needed to do as I do have a statement of designation of the original members of the company and my name is XXXXX XXXXX one on it. Sorry so long winded!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You need to register your LLC in Texas as a "foreign entity" since it is organized under another state's law, but is operating in Texas.

J.Hazelbaker :

The form number is XXXXX and is titled "LImited Liability Company Application for Registration"

J.Hazelbaker :

It is available at the following web address:

J.Hazelbaker :

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/forms_boc.shtml

J.Hazelbaker :

As long as your registered agent is a Nevada resident, you don't a business license.

J.Hazelbaker :

Also, you do not need to file an additional list of members for a single member LLC unless you add new members.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.