How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  Experienced Business Lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Apologies for the long-winded question, but its all related

Resolved Question:

Apologies for the long-winded question, but it's all related to LLC formation and maintenance.

1. Originally formed single member LLC in 2011. Have changed business concept, and wish to start a tax planning/financial planning business. Do i need to change LLC to a professional LLC.

2. What are annual requirements to maintain LLC in NYS? (i.e. filing, fees, minutes)

3. What types of licenses are necessary to conduct such business? I am currently a CPA, but have only worked for big firms conducting audit services. I believe my CPA is sufficient, or are there other requirements?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I'm still waiting. If someone can provide some guidance that would be helpful.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a business law attorney with experience in all aspects of business law. I'll do my best to assist you.

1. If you are registering a public accountancy firm, you may register as a Professional Services Limited Liability Company. You would have to register an new PLLC with appropriate agencies, transfer any assets from the previous LLC, and report accordingly. You can read more about NY PLLC law here:

2. For an LLC that generates income, there is an annual filing form and fee. The fee varies depending on the income level. You can find more information here:

3. If you're starting a public accountancy firm, you must register as such. You may read more here: . This is a very informative link, and would likely provide you with much of the information you require.

I hope this answer has been helpful. I'd be happy to further clarify my response and follow up with any other questions. If you're satisfied with my answer, remember to hit the "accept" button. Bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated! -Michael
Michael, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience: Experienced Business Lawyer
Michael and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you