Michael
Michael, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Business Lawyer
63832557

I am offering software as services through the internet. Do

I am offering software as services through the internet. Do I need an export license? Please take into account that we are not selling these services as selling off-the-shelf products.

Regards

Dr. Ali Moussa
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fran,

I am still waiting for an answer. Can you please help?

Regards

Dr. Moussa
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a business law attorney with experience in all aspects of business law. I'll do my best to assist you.

Generally you do not need an export license for selling any product or service except for a few high-risk categories, also depending on the destination country. For example, if you were selling software for advanced weapons systems, you would probably run into some licensing requirements or restrictions. For most benign software products, the US is more than happy to let you easily export without restriction.

To find out exactly if your product or service is restricted or requires licensing, check out the US Department of Commerce here: http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportingbasics.htm

I hope this answer has been helpful. I'd be happy to further clarify my response and follow up with any other questions. If you're satisfied with my answer, remember to hit the "accept" button. Bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated! -Michael
Michael, Attorney
Experience: Experienced Business Lawyer