Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Hi, Im advising a start-up bakery. We want to start having

Hi, I'm advising a start-up bakery. We want to start having some folks sign an NDA as we are going after a specialty niche. If the business is not yet incorporated, do we use the working name of the business in the NDA? How worthwhile are these NDAs in protecting ideas?

thanks,
Jim
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Fran,
yes, I am still waiting for an answer.

thanks,
jim
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You can use the working title in the document, or put something at the beginning like "The term 'XYZ Bakery' reflects the working title. This agreement refers to XYZ Bakery and it's successors."

Or, you could say, "the bakery owned and operated by XXXXX XXXXX atXXXXX(hereinafter, "The Bakery"), and not put the name of the company at all. If you can show records as the business changes names, it shouldn't be much of a problem, but it's good to include language to cover yourself.

Non-disclosure agreements are typically enforceable as long as they are necessary to protect the company's interests and are reasonable. If you have trade secrets that you are protecting, then a NDA would likely be enforceable against an employee down the road.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Attorney