WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
62735101

Dear WiseOwl - I understand a polygraph test is only admissible

Dear WiseOwl - I understand a polygraph test is only admissible in California courts by stipulated agreement. I want to try to prove that opposing counsel knew about the reputation and criminal history of the psychologist who submitted his unethical declararation. If I send the attorney a stipulated agreement asking him to submit to a lie detector test, and he declines, does this benefit me at all in the eyes of the judge? I have asked for sanctions based on Family Code 271 violations, hearing is March 12th.
You should send the stip, but he probably won't sign it.

What the judge makes of it is unknowingly. The judge may treat it as a procedural matter only.

Hopefully the judge will think that since he won't take a lie.detector, he.must be lying.

You should also focus on that the other attorney knew, or.should have known. This psychologists history..

The other lawyer had a duty to make reasonable inquiry, and it was.unreasonable for him not to.know of Edison felonies.