Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I formed an LLC with two partners. Both partners have backed

I formed an LLC with two partners. Both partners have backed out before any sales were made or assets purchased. I have sent in Texas for m 424 to have the partners removed. Will they remove them and is there anything else I need to do?

Good afternoon. You will want them to sign a Assignment of Interest affirmatively transferring their interest in the LLC. Let me know if you need a form for that.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The partners are hostile because I no longer want to do business with them. I found out their ethics were far below what I consider acceptable. I am the registered agent with the state. If there any way around having them sign anything short of forming a separate LLC?
The issue is that you don't want to find yourself successful and them later claiming they never assigned their interest. If they won't sign anything, I would suggest you dissolve this one and form a new one so they have no claim to any success you have in the future.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is exactly what I don't want! Thanks again.
My pleasure. Happy to help! Take care.