Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Can the Resident Agent of a sole proprietor LLC in Maryland

Can the Resident Agent of a sole proprietor LLC in Maryland also be added as principle Officer of the business? The "owner" is incapacitated and his relative has agreed to be a part of the business.

Good morning. Yes, but if the owner cannot make this decision on his behalf and the owner has not previously given someone a durable power of attorney, someone will need to file a petition in the family court to declare the owner incapable of making decisions and declare a guardian for the owner. The guardian can then make the appointment of a new offer on behalf of the owner.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Excellent,... owner is incarcerated and his mother has assumed the business functions under General Durable POA! Thanks much!