BartEsq
BartEsq, Researcher
Experience:  Juris Doctor
64232130

Internet Services, Inc. (ISI), is an Internet service provider.

Customer Question

Internet Services, Inc. (ISI), is an Internet service provider. ISI does not create, but disseminates, a defamatory statement by Jill, its customer, about Ron. Liability for the remark may be imposed on
Answer

ISI and Jill.

ISI or Jill, but not both.

ISI only.

Jill only.

Micro Company makes and sells computer chips. Like most corporations, Micro's officers typically are hired by the company's
Answer

directors.

incorporators.

officers.

shareholders.

The state of Mississippi passes a law that prohibits waste hauling companies from bringing out-of-state garbage to dumps located in Mississippi. Mississippi garbage would still be permitted. This law is challenged as unconstitutional by an out-of-state waste hauling company that plans to bring garbage from another state into Mississippi for dumping. The likely result of such a lawsuit would be?
Answer

The Mississippi law would be upheld as part of the power of the state to protect its citizens and residents from unpleasant sights and smells.

The Mississippi law would be struck down as unconstitutional because it discriminates against interstate commerce.

The Mississippi law would be struck down because only the federal government and the Environmental Protection Agency can regulate garbage transportation and dumping.

The Mississippi law would be upheld since transportation of garbage is not really "commerce."

Eagle Industries, Inc., fails to obtain a permit before discharging waste into navigable waters. Under the Clean Water Act, Eagle can be required
Answer

only to clean up the pollution.

only to pay for the cost of cleaning up the pollution.

to clean up the pollution or pay for the cost of doing so.

to do nothing.

Data Corporation created and sells "Economix," financial computer software. Data's copyright in Economix is best protected under
Answer

the Berne Convention.

the Paris Convention.

the TRIPS Agreement.

none of the above.

Elin learns that her employer has been monitoring her computer at work to make sure that her emails and website interaction are related to her job functions. She brings a lawsuit against her employer for the tort of intentional invasion of privacy. The likely result of this lawsuit would be:
Answer

She will prevail since her privacy was invaded.

She will lose since the old common law intentional torts do not apply to modern day employment relationships.

She will prevail if she was in fact using the computer for her work functions.

She will lose if the employer notified her and her co-workers that their computer use would be monitored

Marcus, an entrepreneur, has developed an excellent business plan for a proposed business. He wants to show it to some venture capitalists with the hope that they will invest in the venture, but he is concerned about protecting his business plan from appropriation and wants to protect it as a legal trade secret. Can the business plan be protected as a trade secret?
Answer

No, because it cannot be kept secret since Marcus obviously has to show it to people.

No, because it does not have actual worth, rather only potential worth since it is a proposed business.

No, because it contains only "soft" information, such as ideas, concepts, strategies, and plans, and not "hard" scientific information, such as formulas.

Yes if Marcus takes reasonable efforts to keep the plan secret such as putting a confidentiality notice and warning on the plan.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BartEsq replied 2 years ago.

bart0358 :

Researching your answer now.

bart0358 :

First answer, Internet services Incorporated would not be held liable. There is a federal statute, the communications decency act, that bars common law claims against providers like Internet services Inc. where private party posts on their website. This is why Facebook exists.

bart0358 :

Next, this is the best answer.The Mississippi law would be struck down as unconstitutional because it discriminates against interstate commerce.

bart0358 :

Next, to clean up the pollution or pay for the cost of doing so.

bart0358 :

Next, the TRIPS Agreement

bart0358 :

Next,She will lose if the employer notified her and her co-workers that their computer use would be monitored

bart0358 :

Next,Yes if Marcus takes reasonable efforts to keep the plan secret such as putting a confidentiality notice and warning on the plan.

bart0358 :

I hope this helps, please member to accept psyching get credit for my work.