Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

What has a corporate chater have to do with a corporation fee

Customer Question

What has a corporate chater have to do with a corporation fee for a state?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you. After receiving your answer, please do not forget to click the green "accept" button. Although you have made a deposit (or are a subscriber), I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept.

You must pay a fee to file the charter (or articles of incorporation) with the secretary of state's office.

You must also pay annual fees to maintain the corporate existence (as well as payment of taxes).

I believe I have answered your question. However, it's possible I misunderstood your question and didn't provide an adequate answer or failed to fully address your question. If that's the case, please let me know you need clarification. Otherwise, please click the green "accept" button.

If you later open a new question and would like my assistance, please begin the question with "To TMcJD...." This will ensure that only I answer the question.

Could I provide clarification?